Monday, January 12, 2009

Why I Freak Out Over Being Triple Negative

Not only am I BRCA1+ and only about 5-10% of all breast cancers are hereditary breast cancers, but I was also diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer (TNBC), the most aggressive type of breast cancer. TNBC only represents 15% of all breast cancer cases, but accounts for as many as 25% of all cancer deaths. I feel like the odds are stacked against me. 

And you know what else is scary? Read about the founder of the Triple Negative Breast Cancer Foundation:
"Launched in 2006 in honor of Nancy Block-Zenna, a young woman who was diagnosed at age 35 with triple negative breast cancer and died less than three years later, the Triple Negative Breast Cancer Foundation focuses on raising awareness and supporting research to find a cure for the disease."

No comments: